To all AFJROTC parents and cadets,
Class schedules will be handed out to all students on Monday during 1A. Attached is the AFJROTC unit weekly schedule for the week of 21-27 September. The purpose of the schedule is to provide AFJROTC unit information for cadets and parents for the next week of unit events during the week and the weekend.
UNIFORMS & PT CLOTHES
· Please note, Upperclassmen Cardinal and Gold cohorts will wear the alternate uniform on Tuesday and Thursday this week. 1st years will wear normal civilian clothing per DD2 guidelines.
· Hybrid Classes - Replacement PT clothes and other items ordered online and paid for will be handed in class once cadets are back in school. Please allow several weeks to be handed out to cadets as instructors will only see each cadet once a week.
· Upperclassmen uniform exchange - This will not start for several weeks. Please make sure to dry clean items and be prepared to exchange.
· Issue of 1st year cadets uniforms - This will not start for several weeks.
Cadet Registration & Payment
Please go to our Unit Website for all registration and payments.
· Registration is required for all virtual and hybrid cadets.
· Parents, click on the parent tab at the unit web page. This will take you to the Parents Registration Icon. Parents and their cadets both must fill it out. Parent Consent and Health Wellness forms are to be filled out online.
· Parents and cadets, by digital signature, verify all information is correct and information contained in documents are understood.
· Sports Physical is required by DD2. Please have the form signed by a doctor. It can be scanned and sent to the cadet’s respective instructor by email. Copies may also be brought to the respective instructor once ARHS goes to hybrid.
· Click on the SHOP icon to pay the registration fee. All cadets have a $35 registration fee. Black Polo shirt is required for all cadets as part of the alternate uniform. While you are there, take a look at the other items in the Booster Club area to purchase, such as a motivation shirt. PT clothing and sweats are issued to all 1st year cadets free.
ALL PARENTS AND CADETS MUST REGISTER ONLINE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. UNIT EMAILS ARE SENT OUT BASED ON PARENT EMAIL ADDRESSES.
Only upperclassmen flights will wear black polo shirts tucked in with khaki pants or shorts, with belt, socks and shoes this week on the hybrid schedule.
Males will have haircuts and shaved.
Females will have their hair in a bun, if needed.
Cadets who do not have black polo shirts will wear a substitute.
Upperclassmen cadets will wear alternate uniforms on Tuesday and Thursday.
Virtual 3rd Year class will wear their alternate uniform on Wednesday
Unit Team Practices and Competitions
· CyberPatriot & StellarXplorer Teams will compete the first semester. All practices and competitions will be conducted virtually.
· All other teams will start practices 2nd semester. If conditions improve, some teams may start practice earlier.
· Scheduled for 29 September, Tuesday, virtually at 6 PM.
· All cadets are required to watch. Parents are highly encouraged to watch the event.
· Booster Club, Instructors, Command Staff, and Teams will be discussed.
· More information about the event to follow.
Snap!Raise Unit Fundraiser
· This will be our only Fundraiser this year.
· More information to be sent out in another email on Monday.
This email will also be put on the Unit Website (under the News Tab), and our Facebook Page.
The instructors look forward to seeing all cadets in person in class this week!
Bill Clark, Major, USAF, Ret.
Ashley Ridge High School
843-695-4900 Ext. 52195