As we enter into new ways of keeping all our cadets informed and on task for their academic classes, the instructors have set up ways to allow cadets to feel that they are still part of AFJROTC, the unit, and accomplishing all those requirements for AFJROTC.
· Memorandum for Unit AFJROTC Cadets attachment: The attached letter describes the assignments and expectations for AFJROTC cadets during the COVID-19 Closing. Completion of all three areas of the AFJROTC curriculum (Leadership Education, Aerospace Science, and Health & Wellness) will be required to ensure satisfactory progress within the program.
· Health & Wellness (Physical Training) attachment: AFJROTC Home Workout letter states what is needed to be accomplished and how it is to be verified. MSgt Blake devised these workouts and the whole family can participate too.
· Academics. Cadets by class have assigned LE and AS assignments for 3 weeks. These are broken down by year group. Cadets are expected to complete these assignments in a timely manner.
· Uniforms: Take the 3 views each per letter and send it to your instructor.
· Academics: Scan or take a picture of each completed worksheet and send them to your instructor.
· PT: Accomplish the 3 workouts each week, take a picture of Parent/Guardian signature verifying the 3 workouts were completed and send it to the respective instructor.
Each instructor will send out today or by tomorrow by flight all the academics required to the address on file with the instructors for those who did not come by the school on Tuesday. If you have academic questions, please email your instructor.
Cadets also may find their assignments on Microsoft Teams when they log into their DD2 profile.
VERY IMPORTANT: ONCE YOU RECEIVE THE EMAIL FROM YOUR CADET’S RESPECTIVE INSTRUCTOR, PLEASE SEND AN ACKNOWLDEGEMENT THAT YOU RECEIVED IT. Your child also may receive these emails, so check with them if they received the emails.
All Unit AFJROTC academics for this week and next week are required to be accomplished. Grades are due for Quarter 3 by 30 March.
Wright-Patterson CIA Trip Refunds: The company that arranged the tour has been contacted about a refund. However, until school starts again, this is on hold.
1st Year High Ropes Course: Refund has been sent but will not be given out until school starts again.
All unit emails and academic information will be posted on the unit Facebook page. Cadets are encouraged to utilize “Teams” to get their assignments and updates from instructors. Email, email, email will be the best way to contact instructors!
Flight Crews have been notified to use Remind to stay engaged with their flights.
The old unit web page is no longer functional. It still is activated and will be removed some time in the future. A new web page is being activated in the near future and all academic assignments will be posted on the new web site.
If you have academic questions, please send them to your respective child’s instructor. If you have any other question, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your support and patience. This is new territory for all of us and the instructors with parents’ and cadets’ help are devising various ways to make sure both parents and cadets know they are still part of AFJROTC.
Updated unit emails will be sent out as changes occur.
Bill Clark, Major, USAF, Ret.
Ashley Ridge High School
843-695-4900 Ext. 52195